Standard Construction Specification
Our build team will include the following when quoting to build the house:-
- Foundations and groundworks including drainage, sewerage and water pipes (to service connection points within 5 metres of house).
- Supply and erection of house frame.
- Roofing (tiles / membrane / sheeting as applicable to roof type) and roof insulation.
- Internal plaster-boarding (where applicable) and finishing.
- Flooring – wooden flooring to downstairs and upstairs (where applicable), tiling to bathroom(s), utility room and hallway.
- Wiring 1st & 2nd fix – standard sockets to all rooms, standard lighting.
- Two TV points & cabling to roof space (aerial not included).
- Smoke alarms wired to mains.
- Plumbing 1st & 2nd fix – including standard heating system (gas fired condensing combi-boiler and radiators).
- Kitchen – standard kitchen cabinets and work surfaces as shown on plan, fitted appliances including oven, hob, sink, freezer, refrigerator.
- Bathrooms – including standard bathroom fixtures and fittings to all bathrooms/shower rooms, and part tiling.
- External painting/rendering/brickwork (client may choose finish, but standard cost is as shown on plan).
- Whole house mechanical ventilation and heat recovery system – extraction in kitchen / bathrooms
We will usually handle building regulations application and approvals, and manage the overall build to the above specification.
- Underfloor heating and / or air source heat pumps optional extra
- Outside lights
- Door bell
- Security alarm
- Under-cupboard lighting in kitchen
- Solar panels (required if sustainability code level 4)
- Log burning stove and flue
- Any extra work may involve an additional project management fee.
What you’ll need to do to move in:-
- Supply kitchen/laundry appliances not provided; for example microwave oven, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Install fitted wardrobes and hanging rails (where not supplied).
- Decoration – if a specific colour or wallpaper is required, this may be extra (but can be quoted for).
- Carpets if required.
- Organise electricity and gas suppliers, telephone, internet and satellite TV.
- Inform council of new address.