A smart, modern home
A single storey, 3-bedroom, self build log home
This home, a revised version of the original Kaisla house model, is a single storey log home with three bedrooms. The unusual offset roof provides a sheltered sitting area with ample space for entertaining.
The main bedroom has its own en-suite, and the area that is currently shown as a sauna in the plans could be redesigned to achieve a large main bathroom and utility room.
Constructed with insulated log walls to exceed UK building regulations, there is a choice of log thickness and level of insulation, up to passive standard. Cross-jointed or modern corner joints are alternative options to give a traditional or contemporary look.
Log homes can be finished in any colour(s) and roofed in any material to complement their surroundings. The home above is shown with a modern metal sheet roof, however alternatives include slates or tiles.
- Kit supply only
- Shell build
- Turnkey build solution
- Alternative roof styles and coverings
- Customised floor plans
- Choice of solid slab foundation or suspended timber floor (insulated)
- Interior timber panelled or plaster-boarded (or a mix)
- Triple glazed high quality timber/aluminium windows; Argon filled sealed units, U value 1.0W/m2K. Aluminium outer powder coated to any RAL colour (default is white, other colours are at additional cost); inside timber frame white.
- Artopine Skando entrance door 71mm thick panelled door with insulated core and triple glazed window light. Standard colour white (options available).
- All exterior doors use the same key.
- Lacquered pine solid interior doors with chrome or brass handles and hardwood threshold.
- Insulated walls and ceilings to exceed building regulations.