Standard External Fittings and Finishing Specification – Timber Frame Homes
A) External Cladding/Finish
Standard (as shown in brochures and website images) comprises:
- Horizontal and/or vertical timber weatherboarding treated with primer and two coat Teknos® microporous paint. This is a high performance water based coating which has a ten to twelve year lifespan*.
- Glass fibre render board factory fitted plus two coat acrylic self-coloured render applied on site
- 11mm OSB and breather membrane suitable for brick facing
Alternative facings available and priced as required:
- Brick slip facing
- Full brick facing
- Stone cladding
B) Over door canopies
- Galvanised steel and toughened safety glass canopies supplied where shown on house plans.
Three types of balcony are available:
- Galvanised steel railings with timber handrail
- Vertical timber rails and handrail
- Stainless steel posts with toughened safety glass inserts and timber / stainless steel handrail
- External low energy lanterns beside main entrance door and utility door
- One external mains socket
- Optional extras: Further lighting and sockets priced as required
- Pitched roofs:
Standard supply includes fitting of concrete tiles or pantiles
- Seamed or profiled sheet metal roofing
Alternative materials chosen by buyer or specified by planning, priced individually as required: these include slate, clay pantiles, rolled seam zinc or copper.
- Sloping/flat roofs:
- Standard heat welded single ply membrane
F) Windows and French Doors
- Factory fitted Skaala triple glazed, aluminium clad windows are supplied as standard, with low maintenance powder coated frames.
- Top hung or tilt & turn – U value 0.9 W/m2K
- Click here to view details on windows and french doors
G) Main Entrance Doors
- Main door and utility door are outward opening from Kaski and are fitted with high security ASSA® locks.
- Click here to view outer door collection
H) Guttering and Downpipes
- Plannja steel galvanised and hardcoat painted rainwater system supplied and fitted
- Click here to view details on guttering and downpipes
* depending on local conditions. In coastal or high wind areas this could be reduced.